'The Roots and Future of Culture' is the theme of this year's Golden Tree Festival. It will be held from September 19th – 22nd, 2018 in Frankfurt. Venues are Cinestar Metropolis and Colosseo (Walther von Cronberg Platz 2-4).
Beside the Opening Closing and Awarding Ceremony the program consists of Film Screenings, Forum, Investment Fund and Joint Meeting Hall.
Through three different segments and activities including promotion and pitch meetings, the release of co-production intents, and face to face discussions about investment and trade, the "Joint Meeting Hall" aims to provide documentary filmmakers substantial cooperation opportunities to achieve a variety of goals, such as co-production, investment and financing as well as proxy agent distribution.
The Festival provides:
1. Pitching - Collecting excellent documentary pitching projects. Selected participants will have 5-10 minutes to pitch their projects on the spot through PPT presentations and video clips, in order to seek cooperation in investment, co-production, editing, post-packaging, distribution platforms, etc.
2. Purchasing Demand - Collecting documentary purchasing demands from TV stations and online video sites. They can announce these demands on site in order to purchase intended documentaries.
3. Investment Demand - Collecting documentary genres that investors intend to finance. They can release these intentions on site in order to finance proper projects.
4. Distribution Demand - Collecting documentaries that are intended to be distributed overseas. These documentaries will be introduced on site to broaden the international distribution channels.
5. Films Promotion - Collecting excellent documentaries to give on-site introduction and promotion.
6. Project Release - Release of cooperation projects which have been reached with international partners.
For TV stations and documentary associations, they can participate in
the “Joint Meeting Hall” segment. They can collect projects with demands
for procurement, distribution, and co-production, etc and submit them
to the Organizing Committee before July 31st, 2018.
For more Information please refer to the download pdf.